Saturday, February 12, 2011

Distractions

I tend to get very easily distracted. Ok, that is an understatement, but at least I am self aware. Ever since I have been back in school I have had the hardest time getting any school work done, partially because I have a 7 month old that I am obsessed with, and partially because I am extremely ADD. I'm not sure which part plays into it more but that is neither here nor there. Well, today my wonderful hub-bub, Andy, decided to give me some time alone to study, so he took Wyatt to my dad's house with him. As soon as he left, I shut the blinds, cleared the room (so I wouldn't be distracted), set my computer ACROSS the room (just for the music), and sat down to study. Then I realized my computer wasn't turned on. That was a bit of a problem since I wanted to listen to music while I am studying (silence is much more of a distraction than music if you are ADD, trust me). So I got up, went to my computer and turned it on. I decided I really needed to look at Pioneer Woman just once, so that I wouldn't be thinking about it constantly while I was trying to study (it's an obsession that I am trying to work on...I can't help it though, I think we are soulmates). Anyways, she has posted a new photo contest and it was on love. So I thought to myself "I should enter a picture just for the fun of it AFTER I finish studying" and then sat back down to study. But then I kept thinking "what if there is a deadline?" "what if I forget?" "what if I NEVER finish studying!?!" and at that point I realized...I will NEVER be able to study unless I go ahead and enter this silly contest. So what did I do? Picked the first picture I thought of, edited it as quickly as possible (seriously, I ran 4 actions and that was ALL) and then entered it. So the moral of the story is...sometimes a distraction is more of a distraction if you try to ignore it! My entry is VERY poorly edited, and I am sure I had some better photos I could have chosen, but it's done, and now I can study and not worry about it anymore :)


Oh, and of course I had to blog about it before sitting back down to study so that THAT wouldn't be an another distraction...and NOW I can go and study for the rest of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment