Wednesday, April 13, 2011

still truckin...

Well, I actually started this post a few nights ago (actually a few mornings ago...it was about 1:45 AM as I was typing), and was seriously so delerious that I never even actually posted it! thankfully Blogger autosaves your drafts... I saw it and figured there is no time like the present, so...

sitting here in the computer lab with all my study buds trying to maintain some sort of mental function...it's really not working very well. They are all still studying, as I am going in and out of conciousness and back and forth between having a headache and laughing for no apparent reason...yes the delirium is setting in...probably a result of lack of sleep plus...
the excessive amount of caffiene i have consumed...oh and the lack of oxygen because we have all been in this room since 11:30 am so at this point we only have recycled air. not good for brain function.

yes, this is the life of nursing students...staying up all night, consuming toxic amounts of caffiene, and catching up on sleep whenever possible...


yes...that is me and my friend nicole... asleep...in the front row of our pharmacology class. Nicole was zipped up in her jacket and I had sunk so far into my seat that when i woke up i had the worst crick in my neck ever and had to sit with my head cocked to the side for the rest of the class. Good thing our teachers are also nurses and have therefor been through everything we are going through...thankfully they understand the lack of sleep we get in order to keep up- it gives them an uncanny amount of grace towards us when we fall asleep in the front row of their lectures. Truth be told, this was during a break, but yes...we were both sound asleep so another girl in class took the picture.

So glad we only have 3 weeks left! The insane amount of time I have spent at the library is nothing short of ridiculous. My friends and family are beginning to forget what I look like and I have completely forgotten what it means to live a normal life where you get to actually make plans to do things other than study...oh summer. I can not wait till you finally arrive! and that is not to say I won't miss studying...


Of course I will miss Dorothy telling me "we have GOT TO GET IT TOGETHER" and then me responding "OKOKOKOKOKOK I think I've got it!!!!!" over and over again and then her doing interpretive dancing to our favorite song while everybody outside of our study room prays that we are leaving soon...


 And I will miss looking up and seeing Kayleigh (who now has nothing flowing through her veins but pure caffeine) doing yoga in the middle of the floor to try and get her brain flowing again...


And I will miss Nicole saying "poor myself" and Ashley's contagious laugh :)


And I think I will even possibly miss making my infamous outlines on the white boards...I may just have to buy a whiteboard for our new house to tide me over for the summer...yes, I will definitely miss school, but I think it is very safe to say I could not possibly be more excited about all of the catching up I will get to do with my long lost friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment